Although our main caravan site is now closed until further notice during this second lockdown, our Fishing Lake can remain open with existing Covid restrictions in place. Please see our News page for the latest updates.
Withy Water fishing lake has 20 well spaced swims and is stocked with mirror, common carp, bream, tench, roach and perch for an enjoyable days fishing.
The lakeside car park is within close proximity of the fishing lake with easy access to all swims. If you are looking for a fishing holiday in Somerset, relax and unwind in the Somerset countryside on our camping and caravan site. This coarse fishery welcomes anglers all year round. Alternatively, spend time next to the coarse fishing lake and enjoy our lovely picnic area relaxing and watching an abundance of bird and wildlife often seen at Withy Water.
We are open to the general public.
Children are welcome at Withy Water Fishery providing they are accompanied by an adult.
Monday – Friday: 9am – 9pm
Weekends: 8am – 9pm
Winter Opening Times
November – April: 9am – Dusk
Day Ticket Prices
- Adult - 1 Rod £6
- Adult - 2 Rods £8
- Junior N/A
Sorry - currently no juniors permitted on site
Below is a list of our current guidelines and restrictions following the Government Announcement relating to the Coronavirus. All other Withy Water Fishery guidelines still apply (please see tab below).
- Fishing by appointment only. Please message or call Beverly’s mobile: 07891 557247, before arrival as we have a very high demand of bookings coming in at the moment.
- Please bring correct money. £6 (1 rod) £8 (2 rods)
- Follow social distancing of at least 2 metres at all times or you will be asked to leave.
- Strictly NO visitors – if you are on site, you need to have a ticket and be fishing.
- Please bring your own sanitizers to help reduce the risk of anything spreading.
- One angler allowed per swim + one household member (max 2 people)
- No sharing of fishing tackle allowed or other items.
- Please use our landing nets and return to dip bucket at the end of your fishing session.
- No assistance from other anglers allowed to land fish – please ask warden.
- Travel separately unless from the same household.
- Gates open at 8.30am weekdays and 7.30am weekends. Please DO NOT arrive before then.
- Anyone displaying symptoms or sharing a house with anyone displaying symptoms -please DO NOT come fishing, please stay at home and follow the government advice on isolation.
- Sorry currently no juniors.
PLEASE NOTE No refreshments are currently available.
- All Anglers must be in possession of a current E A rod License
- Please use unhooking mats
- Barbless hooks only
- No keepnets permitted
- Do not leave rods unattended
- Please use fishery landing nets
- Please use bins provided for safe disposal of litter
- Do not throw surplus bait into lake, take it home or bin it
- No more than 2 rods per person
- All visitors, their vehicles and possessions are permitted on the premises entirely at their own risk
- 16’s and under must be accompanied by an adult
- No night fishing
- Please follow the Country Code and enjoy fishing!
We reserve the right to close the lake as required without any prior notice
- Online here
- Direct Debit 08708 506 506
- At any post Office in England and Wales
- Telephone sales 0870 166 2662
Licence applies to those aged 12 years and over.
- Burnham Angling Centre
12 Regent Street
- Thyers Tackle
1a Church Street
The Huntspill River
The Huntspill River is a National Nature Reserve. The river is conveniently situated just 2 mins drive from Withy Water offering a choice of angling.
The waterway holds a large stock of coarse fish – bream, roach, perch and pike and has been home to many major fishing competitions.